Call for Innovation Competition & win €10.000
More than 80% of the PhD candidates pursue a career in industry, start their own company or work in the public sector. The Innovation Competition (IC) – organized by Mercator Launch – is a training program designed for researchers who want to innovate and discover the commercial applications or services from their own research and technology.
During the program, you will gain the following skills:
- Identify the business potential from your own research
- Understand the value creation process in a very early stage
- Think about your sector’s opportunities from different angles (e.g. customer, marketing, business)
- Translate your research outcome into value for industrial partners
- Develop your entrepreneurial skills
After attending the program, you will submit a pitch deck and present your idea to an independent jury. The best applicant will receive a €10.000 prize to spend on further development of their innovation.
Who can apply
The Innovation Competition is for all PhD candidates and postdocs at Radboud University and Radboud University Medical Center.
Ideally, you are in the final years of research and already have an idea of the potential results or technologies that your research will lead to such as a specific material, process, technology, algorithm, knowledge & knowhow.
- The submitted idea/product is new and not already part of a (planned) project.
- The submitted idea/product is ‘owned’ by the applicant.
- For PhD candidates and postdocs: the PI/group leader is informed about the application.
- The money has to be spent for further development of the innovation and has to be spent before 31 December 2021.
Deadline for application: 10 January 2021
- An evaluation committee will be installed with representatives of Radboud Innovation / Valorisation Radboudumc.
- This committee will select the 15 best applicants, who get to hand in their pitchdeck. To prepare the pitch deck, the applicants will be offered an expert training program of 2,5 days with Hans Westerhof known from EIT Jumpstarter and ClimateLaunchpad.
- The evaluation committee will select 6 finalists, who get to pitch their idea in front of an independent jury and their peers.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of €10.000, business coaching, and a free working space at Mercator Launch for one year. The two runner-ups will receive a cash prize of €5.000
Application is closed – Keep an eye on our website for the next edition!